Skip to main content

Jidenna, Igbo-American, Vexes Nigerians with his latest hate comments on Nigeria


Jidenna has caused problem for himself and Igbo people during an interview on VladTV, a music channel. Here is what he said




"I have had a particular type of upbringing that is not the traditional. Whatever the traditional is for a light skinned mixed African American. I am Nigerian-American and more specifically I am Igbo American, Igbo being the ethnic group where I am from and that means you are in the South East of Nigeria. 
You are way from the city so it means when you go to your village you are the only person or one of the few people that look like you. In my case, our family is light. Therefore when we go to our village, when I actually buried my father I had to bring in a lot of AK47, I had to employ military commandos because when you are light skinned, you are a heavier target for being kidnapped because you are seen as more valuable. You are seen as white therefore you have money.
You are American therefore you have more money. If you have more money then you are easy to kidnap and if you are easy to kidnap then we are going to get you. So for me being light-skinned in Nigeria, in our family, it was difficult. We have been hounded. We have been robbed. Our family has been assaulted. We have had a lot of issues. You can say these to a family that is dark skinned color. They may or may not have these experiences but for us we have always been the target but when you come to America, its the opposite. The police may look you over. They may not pull out the gun faster the way they would have done if you were darker"he said. 

Alright, I am deeply saddened by the way he kept  emphasizing light-skinned and dark skinned .
Are we back to that racist syndrome again? there has also been tremendous attack from Nigerians to him on twitter.. see some of the comments here






























This is really breaking my heart. What do you think?

Comments

  1. Well to be fair, I can't judge him on because I know that experiences in life and lessons differ from people to people and what he said was what he was made to believe but what I don't think he got right was generalizing it, if he kept it strictly to how he was treated or what happened in his village or family then fine that's his village and family but saying that in Igbo land that's how it isssss! damn! Mr u need another orientation.
    Anyways am not so interested in what he thinks or has to say but what I do wanna know is the amount of hair gel he used to get his hair standing like that and if that is also an Igbo American style? Lols...#can'tstoplaughing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Igbo people think they know it all. always full of themselves

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought jidenna was well educated. Which one is getting kidnapped bcos you are light-skinned. Is skin colour attached to kidnapping

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to use 'many a' and 'a great deal of' in a sentence. How to pronounce 'impasse'

Good morning KIB  earthlings. Lets get down to brass tacks. Let's look at the use of verbs. Yesterday someone brought a statement to me and enquired if it were correct. 'many a fellow knows the truth' Many a driver ploughs this road daily' 'Many a teacher doesn't know how to  English'. All these sentences are correct. According to Oxford dictionary, Many a: ( formal: always used with a singular noun and a singular verb) means a large number of something. E.g many a young person has experimented with drugs.   So,  don't pluralise anything in the sentence because there is an 'A' already. 'Many a teachers like to flog their students ' is wrong. 'A great deal' How do you use 'a great deal'? A great deal takes a singular verb. E.g A great deal of bananas is planted in the north. 'A great deal' takes a singular verb.  Finally,  the pronunciation of impasse is /'ampa:s/ Not (impas) It's not Enem

Is it 'off head', 'off hand' 'off pat' or 'by heart'?

I love all the new students in my class. You guys are awesome by the way. 😀😀 Today. I want to give you a better expression for saying that 'you know something very well'. #Offhead? There is nothing like offhead. 'I know it off head' is wrong. #Offhand? What does offhand mean? It mean without previous thought or consideration. Just like saying 'on the spur of moment' , 'immediately', 'spontaneously'. So, do you just know something offhand? No...not at all. You can say something offhand, do anything offhand but then it seems weird to say ' I know the answer offhand'. It is normal 'to say the answer offhand'. Do you get my drift? People don't know anything spontaneously, rather, they  say what they already know, spontaneously. Now to the final expression #HaveSomethingOffPat? It means to know something or be able to do something perfectly; be perfect master of something . So rather than say, I know it offha