Skip to main content

Is it correct to say I waybilled it to you? A few expressions you probably don't understand

Good morning KIB students. Thank you for showing immense love to your teacher.

Many of you understand how draining it could be for someone to consistently post here on Facebook.

I appreciate those who ensure that my bank account doesn't  get flooded with cockroaches😃.

Anyway, let's get down to brass tacks.

What is a waybill?

a waybill is a list that contains  names of people and goods to be conveyed from one location to another.

It is that book where you write your name before entering a bus. There is an air waybill, sea waybill etc.

Waybill cannot be verbalised.
I want to waybill some goods to you❌

If you are looking for a verb to replace  the erroneous 'waybill', here are two genuinely accepted words to use.

1. Freight (verb)
transport (goods) in bulk by truck, train, ship, or aircraft.

"the metals had been freighted from the city".

We freighted the cargo down to Port Harcourt.

freight is used when  goods are quite bulky.

When goods are less bulky, for example, conveying clothes from Lagos to Enugu, or maybe you bought a phone from online stores, they don't waybill it, they dispatch it.

Dispatch:
dɪˈspatʃ/
verb
1. send off to a destination or for a purpose.

In stead of saying,

Please waybill those materials to me
please say

Dispatch those materials to me

or

send those materials to me.

My dear, waybill is not exactly what you think it is.

Let me still correct this expressions.

when some says.

"honey, you have never looked better", it means you look your best that day.

when someone says. 'I couldn't be happier' it means they are very happy.

I couldn't care less means you don't care at all.

I couldn't agree more means  you totally agree.

I couldn't agree less means you disagree.

These expressions confuse a lot of people. Please memorise the meanings so you don't get into trouble.

The word RHETORIC is not pronounced as
riTOrick
/rɪˈtɒrɪk/❌

Rather it is
retter-rick
letter-rick.
/'retərɪk/

Finally,  a new word.

SWINGING

Swinging, sometimes called wife swapping or partner swapping, is anon-monogamous behavior in which both singles and partners in acommitted relationship engage insexual activities with others as arecreational or social activity.

I learnt this word at 16  while watching Dr.Phils Talk Show. At 25,  I read from online dailies that the practice has gained prominence in the city of Lagos.

People usually organise swinging party where couples have bacchanalian orgy.😂

Alright guys,
Mazi Ikenna will join me on the next flight to Texas, I'd  leave him amidst crocidiles😃 while I tend to those who have been devastated by huricane Harvey.

I keep wondering why huricanes have human names.

Anyway,  the class with King Ifey is done dusted.

If you want to join the class,  pay 7k  to this account

0050240762
Access bank
Muonyili Ifechukwu.

7k for 20 classes per month. The course will last for three months.
Tell your friends about it.

In case you want to support the free online classes, you can still do whatever you can.

King Ifey runs out of resources so much.😃😃

Support the academy, let's grow in huge strides.

Toodles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to use 'many a' and 'a great deal of' in a sentence. How to pronounce 'impasse'

Good morning KIB  earthlings. Lets get down to brass tacks. Let's look at the use of verbs. Yesterday someone brought a statement to me and enquired if it were correct. 'many a fellow knows the truth' Many a driver ploughs this road daily' 'Many a teacher doesn't know how to  English'. All these sentences are correct. According to Oxford dictionary, Many a: ( formal: always used with a singular noun and a singular verb) means a large number of something. E.g many a young person has experimented with drugs.   So,  don't pluralise anything in the sentence because there is an 'A' already. 'Many a teachers like to flog their students ' is wrong. 'A great deal' How do you use 'a great deal'? A great deal takes a singular verb. E.g A great deal of bananas is planted in the north. 'A great deal' takes a singular verb.  Finally,  the pronunciation of impasse is /'ampa:s/ Not (impas) It's not Enem

Is it 'off head', 'off hand' 'off pat' or 'by heart'?

I love all the new students in my class. You guys are awesome by the way. 😀😀 Today. I want to give you a better expression for saying that 'you know something very well'. #Offhead? There is nothing like offhead. 'I know it off head' is wrong. #Offhand? What does offhand mean? It mean without previous thought or consideration. Just like saying 'on the spur of moment' , 'immediately', 'spontaneously'. So, do you just know something offhand? No...not at all. You can say something offhand, do anything offhand but then it seems weird to say ' I know the answer offhand'. It is normal 'to say the answer offhand'. Do you get my drift? People don't know anything spontaneously, rather, they  say what they already know, spontaneously. Now to the final expression #HaveSomethingOffPat? It means to know something or be able to do something perfectly; be perfect master of something . So rather than say, I know it offha