Skip to main content

D!PO, One of Nigerian Idol Products, Releases His Debut Single 'My Lady': Music


Freshly out for our listening pleasure is another beautiful song which is vehemently breaking with the Nigerian norm of music, but yet palatably lavished with huge Afro feel that leaves one wondering if Barry White had actually resurrected in him.
  
The 6ft6 tall, 22 year-old Adekanbi Adedipo A.K.A D!PO, tells me that the exclamation mark in his name comes from the wow-factor he has  that makes people go ‘D!’ and ladies, more especially, go ‘Dear Lord!’ also. I couldn’t believe till I got the clip of his audition on Nigerian Idol.  His sensual baritone and his Viking height got the female judge daydreaming with lips wide apart from ear to ear. Hmm… little wonder he got himself a golden ticket. Ladies, this guy is the perfect ladies’ man.


You just can’t believe that this dude that hails from Ekiti  State and attended Covenant university, one of the prestigious schools in Nigeria,  could redefine music in a very spectacular way.


Today, he officially releases his first ever song titled ‘My Lady’, which has got thousands of downloads on the internet to its credit . Wow! A fresh act with such response? I checked it out and saw the reason it garnered so much in just a short while. 
First, I couldn’t help but get carried away by the soulful nature of the Afro laden countryside music… halfway pidgin and then… that calming big baritone calls out “My Lady”. It is indeed a perfect song for the ladies. The song is classy and yet indigenous, with very powerful Afro ambiance and the best backup vocals I have ever heard.


‘My Lady’ was produced by the giant in the Nigerian music industry, Masquerade. I guess the name rings a bell. If it does, then trust me, you are definitely in for a big shock of your life… oh , a good shock though...lol.

He is about to start working on the video of ‘My Lady’, and I already have beautiful ideas of how the video will look like. For a song like that, that cuts across two cultural plains; fusing western and African… Uh huh.. You know what I mean.  This song is, without a doubt, going to leave a good taste in your mouth.
Itching to listen already? Lol… Do click  https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/22337 to download 'My Lady'.
Follow him on twitter @DatTallDude, He sure is tall enough.


Comments

  1. I was playing this song and my roommate just turned to me said "tell that guy that he tried" and another said "send me this song I like it" I guess that speaks well!!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this song is different. and the voice is deep enough to shake the ocean. push hard my guy. you will make it. just put more hook to your song. and you will av verybody on the street singin your song even though it is countryside

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmmmmm, great voice, very different from the normal Naija beats and that tells me that the artist knows what he wants then again the richness of his voice says a lot about how talented he is and I believe he will do well in all genre of music.
    I do commend his courage to do a song like this, very classic and meaningful and his just 22! Wow! Well I sure will keep a tag on him cause I can't wait to see how he develops. Kudos My lady Star!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dipo my friend good job...never knew music was in your blood o. I love your voice...wish you all the best dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your voice is an improved version of burner boy's voice. you can do great things with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this guy on project fame last week

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to use 'many a' and 'a great deal of' in a sentence. How to pronounce 'impasse'

Good morning KIB  earthlings. Lets get down to brass tacks. Let's look at the use of verbs. Yesterday someone brought a statement to me and enquired if it were correct. 'many a fellow knows the truth' Many a driver ploughs this road daily' 'Many a teacher doesn't know how to  English'. All these sentences are correct. According to Oxford dictionary, Many a: ( formal: always used with a singular noun and a singular verb) means a large number of something. E.g many a young person has experimented with drugs.   So,  don't pluralise anything in the sentence because there is an 'A' already. 'Many a teachers like to flog their students ' is wrong. 'A great deal' How do you use 'a great deal'? A great deal takes a singular verb. E.g A great deal of bananas is planted in the north. 'A great deal' takes a singular verb.  Finally,  the pronunciation of impasse is /'ampa:s/ Not (impas) It's not Enem

Is it 'off head', 'off hand' 'off pat' or 'by heart'?

I love all the new students in my class. You guys are awesome by the way. 😀😀 Today. I want to give you a better expression for saying that 'you know something very well'. #Offhead? There is nothing like offhead. 'I know it off head' is wrong. #Offhand? What does offhand mean? It mean without previous thought or consideration. Just like saying 'on the spur of moment' , 'immediately', 'spontaneously'. So, do you just know something offhand? No...not at all. You can say something offhand, do anything offhand but then it seems weird to say ' I know the answer offhand'. It is normal 'to say the answer offhand'. Do you get my drift? People don't know anything spontaneously, rather, they  say what they already know, spontaneously. Now to the final expression #HaveSomethingOffPat? It means to know something or be able to do something perfectly; be perfect master of something . So rather than say, I know it offha