Skip to main content

I AM IN LOVE WITH A CHURCH GIRL BY IFECHUKWU MUONYILI :





I am in love with a church girl

A heart so pure and pristine

High in ethereal grace and drowned in meekness

Voice melding with the chants of the congregation

Yet standing out for my listening pleasure.

I look on, gulping down her looks

Till I stand and feel my feet no more.


She is not an ordinary church girl

In my state of ecstasy, I could see through her heart.

A halo of stars graced her head.

Angels surround her, raising her feet above the ground

The air strong but mild on her skin


I am in love with a church girl

Eyes drawn to her while she prays

Her creamy eyes beaming with sincerity and hope

For a better tomorrow in a worse-off today.

When she touches me,

The anointing I feel is both sensual and spiritual.

Then a heart attack and a massive fall

‘Oops! Did I just fall by the touch of an unarmed hand?’

Dead daisy and unconsciously unstable

Stumbling on things like a cow on roller-skates.

She smiles at my awkwardness

My face completely ashen, my eyes sedated  

As I yet take another fall.

“God, please help me to open my eyes in her arms”
BY IFECHUKWU MUONYILI




Comments

  1. ifey i think you got drunk to write this....lwkmd

    ReplyDelete
  2. please permit me to feature this on an anthology i am working on. i will contact you through your email

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ow!!
    I think I just opened my eyes now and I found myself in her arms. But yet I took a third fall. Gees! This is more than drunkenness. Can I ever wake up from this intoxication. Nice one bro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol...guess you finished it better than I did.. thanks

      Delete
  4. Francis Akalazu7 June 2015 at 05:33

    I guess I just recovered from a hangover from the Red Label and Jack Daniels...She is simply amazing! Nice one Ife, you are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I gotta watch wella next sunday!! This is captivating

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to use 'many a' and 'a great deal of' in a sentence. How to pronounce 'impasse'

Good morning KIB  earthlings. Lets get down to brass tacks. Let's look at the use of verbs. Yesterday someone brought a statement to me and enquired if it were correct. 'many a fellow knows the truth' Many a driver ploughs this road daily' 'Many a teacher doesn't know how to  English'. All these sentences are correct. According to Oxford dictionary, Many a: ( formal: always used with a singular noun and a singular verb) means a large number of something. E.g many a young person has experimented with drugs.   So,  don't pluralise anything in the sentence because there is an 'A' already. 'Many a teachers like to flog their students ' is wrong. 'A great deal' How do you use 'a great deal'? A great deal takes a singular verb. E.g A great deal of bananas is planted in the north. 'A great deal' takes a singular verb.  Finally,  the pronunciation of impasse is /'ampa:s/ Not (impas) It's not Enem

Is it 'off head', 'off hand' 'off pat' or 'by heart'?

I love all the new students in my class. You guys are awesome by the way. 😀😀 Today. I want to give you a better expression for saying that 'you know something very well'. #Offhead? There is nothing like offhead. 'I know it off head' is wrong. #Offhand? What does offhand mean? It mean without previous thought or consideration. Just like saying 'on the spur of moment' , 'immediately', 'spontaneously'. So, do you just know something offhand? No...not at all. You can say something offhand, do anything offhand but then it seems weird to say ' I know the answer offhand'. It is normal 'to say the answer offhand'. Do you get my drift? People don't know anything spontaneously, rather, they  say what they already know, spontaneously. Now to the final expression #HaveSomethingOffPat? It means to know something or be able to do something perfectly; be perfect master of something . So rather than say, I know it offha