Skip to main content

RELIGION: Why God is the Least Feared and Respected Phenomenon in the World.

 Why God is the least feared and Respected Phenomenon in the world.





I woke up this morning very late  enough, feeling completely fatigued and having technical problems with my android phone and its one month’s subscription. Eyes heavy and reddened from days of research for my articles as my guys trooped in from downstairs with Sabrina and Alomo, waking all and sundry still lazily lying in bed with me that was laid up from days of research.

If I may ask, have you stayed amidst many guys before? Mature and youthful ones, the ones that still luxuriate in their youthful exuberance?  It might interest you to know that salacious jokes, football arguments and alcohol start up their mornings, and that, would be termed perfectly normal by some psychological stereotypes. If I am lying please feel free to tell me to leave it out. Yes, we are all entitled to our own opinions.

 Let’s get back to the story. So, we settled in and began the loud blares of discussion, hauling words across stentoriously with boisterous puerility, in a bid to win argument which at the end would still leave us all worn out like something the cat dragged in and yet, the two sides still remain undefeated champions, going back to their various rooms feeling all zonked from the alcohol and shrieking; and with a little respite for having aired their views which  had apparently sunk into them more than it sank into their opponents…lol.  funny guys.

Now we talked about fear of God. Hallelujah, hosanna, we had a friend from the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, who made this assertion, “I fear God oooh, ah, but…eh  I don’t even think I fear him that much.” Please let me add to this. This dude is apparently the most righteous among all of us, not taking into consideration what goes on behind closed doors…lol. Well, He even declined the cheap Sabrina offered to him which yet again, apparently tells me he is a puritan.
The other dudes were shocked like the Sadducees were when Jesus was acclaimed as the Son of God. “He doesn’t fear God? What a blasphemy! Preposterous! Abomination! ” Well, and the list went on.

But come to think of it, he is being truthful: Absolutely truthful. We can all sit and talk about how we fear  and respect God with alcohol stench in our breaths, getting laid in our hearts, and a bottle of Alomo to prise open the emotions locked away and hardly talked of; but in reality, it is just lip service. Don’t blame someone for saying he doesn’t fear God because most of us, if not all of us, do not fear God.

Imagine me, I woke up this morning…I first checked my phone before I remembered to say my prayer and if you had asked me if I feared God, I would have shoved the answer down your  throat with an awful scowl in my face. These dudes woke up too, and purposely got high on that forbidden drink, which would in moderation , be healthy to us; to add to it, the lewd jokes and the curses which were flagrantly flung to all opposing sides didn't culminate to glaringly display our utter disregard for God?. 
Yet, we still claim to have the fear of God in us.

The pastor sanctimoniously climbs the pulpit with shoulder held high, after spending the  night with  a whore . yet he would shamelessly preach against himself with such self-exonerating vehemence. The praise leaders get high on alcohol rather than the Holy Ghost, and get the congregation slain in the spirit  and you would agree they fear God? We listen to mundane songs which are sexually explicit and we get fascinated by it more than God’s music or inspirational music intrigues us, and yet we believe we fear God.

When was the last time I went to church? When was the last time YOU went to church? Did you attend last Sunday service? But of course you fear God.
Our fear for the government is much stronger than the fear we have for God. it  is an indisputable fact.

Yes we fear God. we really do.  We do in our various ways according to our varied definitions of fear, but in reality, we care less about him. We do more of lip service than portray in actions that love  which is expected of us.

Fortunately, we can swim, luxuriate and even so marinate in sin because SOMEONE has obtained unflinching mercy and exceeding grace for us. And knowing that fact, has made some people to take up the green card and march abandonedly naked in to the city of Sodom, this time, without fear of destruction, no fire and brimstone. Aren't we the blessed sons of Abraham that His love brims over our various unclean cups?

Well, I still believe we don’t fear and respect him that much. if we were to rate the amount of fear we have for God,  some of us would fall within 10%, and a few holy ones might hit 50%, most of us would be deplorably under zero.

So, next time someone asks you whether you fear God, think deeply and tell yourself the truth…it can only go a long way to help you upgrade your grade in the subject called Fear-of-God 101.

I love you all and I want you to increase the fear you have for God. I thank God for this day, it preached to me more than any pastor or priest ever did. Remember, the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.

Oh before I forget, this talk wouldn’t be fruitful if I didn’t make a toast to it. Yes. So, I say, here is to you, may your fear for God be far stronger than it used to be.

 Cheers!


By Ifechukwu Kingsley

Comments

  1. my, God. this is awesome. i wish everyone would read this. this guy you are truthful for sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you bro. I appreciate the sincerity. invite your friends to read too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaaahhahha well all I have to say is Sing Praises to the lord! Ifeyy! Never knew u r in investigative journalism, nice one

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to use 'many a' and 'a great deal of' in a sentence. How to pronounce 'impasse'

Good morning KIB  earthlings. Lets get down to brass tacks. Let's look at the use of verbs. Yesterday someone brought a statement to me and enquired if it were correct. 'many a fellow knows the truth' Many a driver ploughs this road daily' 'Many a teacher doesn't know how to  English'. All these sentences are correct. According to Oxford dictionary, Many a: ( formal: always used with a singular noun and a singular verb) means a large number of something. E.g many a young person has experimented with drugs.   So,  don't pluralise anything in the sentence because there is an 'A' already. 'Many a teachers like to flog their students ' is wrong. 'A great deal' How do you use 'a great deal'? A great deal takes a singular verb. E.g A great deal of bananas is planted in the north. 'A great deal' takes a singular verb.  Finally,  the pronunciation of impasse is /'ampa:s/ Not (impas) It's not Enem

Is it 'off head', 'off hand' 'off pat' or 'by heart'?

I love all the new students in my class. You guys are awesome by the way. 😀😀 Today. I want to give you a better expression for saying that 'you know something very well'. #Offhead? There is nothing like offhead. 'I know it off head' is wrong. #Offhand? What does offhand mean? It mean without previous thought or consideration. Just like saying 'on the spur of moment' , 'immediately', 'spontaneously'. So, do you just know something offhand? No...not at all. You can say something offhand, do anything offhand but then it seems weird to say ' I know the answer offhand'. It is normal 'to say the answer offhand'. Do you get my drift? People don't know anything spontaneously, rather, they  say what they already know, spontaneously. Now to the final expression #HaveSomethingOffPat? It means to know something or be able to do something perfectly; be perfect master of something . So rather than say, I know it offha