Skip to main content

13 Health Facts You Didnt Know About.

Motorists who talk on cell phones are more impaired than drunk drivers with blood-alcohol levels exceeding .08.

Me: So when you are in the vehicle of a chronic cell phone addict, just know that you are dancing into disaster with your eyes wide open.


Banging your head against a wall burns 150 calories an hour.

Me: Well, I would still not advise ladies who are looking for that gorgeous hourglass shape to go banging their heads against a brick wall. You would end up concussing while you are unhealthily loosing calories.


In some parts of the world, they protect their babies from disease by bathing them in beer.

Me: What an eye opener right? Well, go get your babies drowned in a bath of beer to protect them from awful germs, BUT don’t  let them gulp it. They’d laugh and cry till the cows come home…LOL you obviously wouldn’t want that.


The word 'gymnasium' comes from the Greek word gymnazein, which means 'to exercise naked.'

Me: Uhm, excuse me please? I haven’t seen anybody exercising butt naked in my life time. So you mean I must exercise butt naked at the gym? Well, imagine walking into a fitness factory in a world that recognizes this ancient fact…Only God knows the thoughts racing through your minds…LOL


There are more than 1,000 chemicals in a cup of coffee; of these, only 26 have been tested, and half caused cancer in rats. 

Me: Oh well, I am not a coffee fan. Perhaps our American brothers will take care of that.


The average American eats at McDonalds more than 1,800 times in his/her life.

Me: Are you kidding me? I wish to be McDonald now…-wistful thinking- Due just wake the hell up.


There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.

Me: So when I kiss someone sloppily, I get half their bacteria? Lord sanctify my poor soul…LOL


According to U.S. FDA standards, 1 cup of orange juice is allowed to contain 10 fruit fly eggs, but only 2 maggots

Me: so you mean to tell me that I have been drinking insect eggs and maggots? And MAGGOTS? Can someone pass me a handkerchief? I need to dab these tears trickling down my cheeks.


You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.

Me. So, I guess I will be more often from now on. Oh and in case you want to slim down, please you can sleep like a lion and exercise butt naked too…LOL


It is possible to go blind from smoking too heavily.

Me: Blind? Really, why are all my friends still seeing perfectly clear? Maybe it will take a while. Like 50 years of chronic smoking will eventually have them propped up with a staff and dark spectacles, yet with a cigar in the corner of their mouths


Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people.

Me: You serious? I have got friends who are left-handed. I hate to think the worse really.


You are about 1 centimeter taller in the morning than in the evening.

Me: Oh really, Oh really. I Think I have grown really well enough. I don’t bother about  that.


During your lifetime, you'll eat about 60,000 pounds of food — that's the weight of about 6 elephants.

Me: Whopping Elephants? Where did all that weight go to?  I’m just 175pounds… please what really happened to me… oh I forgot  you are as worried as I am. Why aren’t we as big as baby elephants? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to use 'many a' and 'a great deal of' in a sentence. How to pronounce 'impasse'

Good morning KIB  earthlings. Lets get down to brass tacks. Let's look at the use of verbs. Yesterday someone brought a statement to me and enquired if it were correct. 'many a fellow knows the truth' Many a driver ploughs this road daily' 'Many a teacher doesn't know how to  English'. All these sentences are correct. According to Oxford dictionary, Many a: ( formal: always used with a singular noun and a singular verb) means a large number of something. E.g many a young person has experimented with drugs.   So,  don't pluralise anything in the sentence because there is an 'A' already. 'Many a teachers like to flog their students ' is wrong. 'A great deal' How do you use 'a great deal'? A great deal takes a singular verb. E.g A great deal of bananas is planted in the north. 'A great deal' takes a singular verb.  Finally,  the pronunciation of impasse is /'ampa:s/ Not (impas) It's not Enem

Is it 'off head', 'off hand' 'off pat' or 'by heart'?

I love all the new students in my class. You guys are awesome by the way. 😀😀 Today. I want to give you a better expression for saying that 'you know something very well'. #Offhead? There is nothing like offhead. 'I know it off head' is wrong. #Offhand? What does offhand mean? It mean without previous thought or consideration. Just like saying 'on the spur of moment' , 'immediately', 'spontaneously'. So, do you just know something offhand? No...not at all. You can say something offhand, do anything offhand but then it seems weird to say ' I know the answer offhand'. It is normal 'to say the answer offhand'. Do you get my drift? People don't know anything spontaneously, rather, they  say what they already know, spontaneously. Now to the final expression #HaveSomethingOffPat? It means to know something or be able to do something perfectly; be perfect master of something . So rather than say, I know it offha